Applications are closed for 2019. Check back for 2020 application information in spring 2020.
Deadline for complete application submission is July 15, 2019.
$3000 AWSN Scholarship 2019
AWSN offers an annual $3000 scholarship to a third year or later post-secondary student.
1. Are you a minority student who is continuing full time undergraduate studies entering your third or fourth year of an undergraduate program in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (a gender minority in a traditionally male/female dominated program – for example a young woman studying engineering or a young man studying nursing) at an Alberta university, college, or technical institute?
2. Have you demonstrated STEM leadership in the academic or community setting? If the answer to both questions above is a resounding YES then we invite you to apply for the AWSN scholarship.
The following will be required:
1. A copy of your transcript. Official transcripts will be required by the winner prior to final selection.
2. Your CV (Please note: a CV is curriculum vitae: "A special type of resume traditionally used within the academic community. Unlike a resume, a CV tends to be longer and more informational than promotional in tone".)
3. One page (single-spaced, 12 pt font in Times New Roman) essay on your leadership experience.
4. One letter of reference that speaks to this demonstrated leadership.
If you are not able to submit online, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that your hard copy application is enroute to our mailing address:
AWSN Attention: AWSN Scholarship Committee 3553 - 31 Street NW, Box 53 Calgary, Alberta T2L 2K7
Please email email@example.com for more information. In your request for more information, please include a contact telephone number so that we can contact you should this be necessary. One scholarship will be awarded for the 2019-2020 academic year.