Minerva Mentoring Award for 2018
AWSN offers a yearly award to recognize significant contributions to mentoring women of all ages that will be awarded to one outstanding mentor (female or male). Applications for the 2018 AWSN Minerva Mentoring Award are now open.
Read more about our current and past winners in our Mentors Biographies section.
The successful nominee:
• has made an impact, or has been an inspiration in your life, or the lives of others, in the area of science, mathematics, engineering or technology.
• has made this contribution in Alberta, while residing in Alberta. (Does not have to be currently living in Alberta).
We also will consider that the nominee:
• may have made a significant contribution to science, technology, engineering or mathematics (research or teaching).
• may work for and/or promote the importance of science, technology, engineering or mathematics to the minds of the future: junior scientists, students and young children; for example, a volunteer who faithfully goes out into the schools to deliver science presentations to inspire upcoming generations.
• may be a respected professional in their field, someone who has been sought by many individuals, the media or institutions to speak about issues related to promotion of science and/or the impact of decisions made by provincial government.
• may be an advocate in advancing issues pertaining to recruitment and retention of women in science, engineering and technology.
• may have been the recipient of other awards.
• may have served as a mentor or organizer for a number of years in an Alberta association of women in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.