Minerva Mentoring Award
Minerva Mentoring Award
Nominations are now closed for 2020 awards. Watch for the winner announcement in fall 2020.
Congratulations to Dr. Ania Ulrich, winner of the 2020 AWSN Minerva Mentoring Award!
AWSN offers an annual award to recognize significant contributions made towards the mentoring of women of all ages. This award is made to one outstanding mentor of any gender.
To demonstrate that the criteria for this award are met, please describe how your nominee:
- Has made an impact, or has been an inspiration in your life, or the lives of others, in the area of science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
- Has made this contribution in Alberta, while residing in Alberta. (Does not have to be currently living in Alberta.)
You may also include details about how your nominee:
- May have made a significant contribution to science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
- May work for and/or promote the importance of science, technology, engineering or mathematics to the minds of the future: junior scientists, students and young children; for example, a volunteer who faithfully goes out into the schools to deliver science presentations to inspire upcoming generations.
- May be a respected professional in their field, someone who has been sought by many individuals, the media or institutions to speak about issues related to promotion of science and/or the impact of decisions made by provincial government.
- May be an advocate in advancing issues pertaining to recruitment and retention of women in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
- May have been the recipient of other awards.
- May have served as a mentor or organizer for a number of years in an Alberta association of women in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
Nominations must include:
- Nominator and Nominee contact information
- Nomination letter
- Nominee CV
- Optional: up to 2 reference letters
If you are not able to submit online, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that your hard copy nomination is enroute to our mailing address:
AWSN Attention: Minerva Mentoring Award Committee 3553 - 31 Street NW, Box 53 Calgary, Alberta T2L 2K7
A mentor can be of any gender. All submissions become the property of AWSN. The winner and nominees may be considered for our Mentors Recognition biographies.